For those who’re in search of a scrumptious, keto-friendly, and low-carb deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then you want to attempt these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins drizzled with MCT Cream Cheese Glaze.
Additionally gluten-free and made out of entire meals like pumpkin puree and almond flour, these muffins are filled with wholesome fat, nutritional vitamins and minerals that can hold you feeling satiated and your physique energized.
Plus this keto-friendly cream cheese glaze (which is scrumptious by the best way) has MCT oil added to assist present a wholesome dose of fat and ketone boosting medium-chain triglycerides.
Completely good together with your morning espresso or for a satiating breakfast on the go, these muffins make for an amazing, late afternoon pick-me-up and are solely 4 internet carbs per serving.
Listed here are some well being advantages of the elements in these muffins:
- Pumpkin is a kind of winter squash that’s antioxidant wealthy and filled with nutritional vitamins and minerals. A nutrient dense and low-calorie meals, pumpkin is low in carbs with a superb quantity of fiber.
- Pumpkin is excessive in beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A
- Pumpkin is excessive in vitamin C which is required for growth and restore of cells and is useful for immunity
- Pumpkin is an efficient supply of vitamin E, in addition to folate (B9) and iron that are wanted for the wholesome purple blood cells and wholesome immunity.
- Pumpkin can also be among the best sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, plant pigments known as carotenoids discovered within the human eye and are believed to assist shield eye tissues from daylight injury. 
- Low in carbs, pecans have over 19 nutritional vitamins together with B1 (thiamine), folic acid (B9), Vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Pecans are a superb supply of necessary minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc. They’re additionally a superb supply of manganese and copper, that are necessary for metabolism.
- Pecans are antioxidant powerhouses with twice the quantity of flavonoids than some other nut. Diets excessive in flavonoids have been linked with a decrease danger of inflammatory illnesses and higher weight upkeep over time. 
- Pecans are filled with coronary heart wholesome fat with 60% as monounsaturated and 30% as polyunsaturated fat that are believed to advertise wholesome levels of cholesterol. [4, 5]
MCTs, which stand for ‘medium-chain triglycerides’, are probably the most environment friendly kind of fat for the physique to make use of. Discovered within the highest concentrations in coconut oil, MCTs are simply and rapidly absorbed and are an incredible vitality supply for the physique. Not digested like different fat, MCTs get despatched straight to the liver to be transformed to ketones, the physique’s alternate supply of vitality that keto dieters depend on to burn fats.
A coronary heart wholesome supply of dietary fats and fast vitality that may assist the physique get into ketosis quicker, MCT oil provides up some nice advantages:
- It will possibly assist increase ketone manufacturing within the physique 
- It’s a supply of fast vitality and doesn’t get saved as physique fats
- It will possibly assist you really feel fuller longer and scale back cravings. , 
- It will possibly assist present a lift of vitality and satiation whereas fasting with out going out of ketosis.
- Research have proven MCT oil will help with fats loss and scale back physique weight in the long run  
- An important supply of vitality for the mind, some MCT followers report it helps them with focus and psychological readability
➡ New to the keto food regimen or confused about MCT oil? Try: The Advantages of MCT Oil and The right way to Use It
Elements You’ll Want for the MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
MCT Oil: Whereas MCT Oil is made out of coconut oil, it’s not the identical factor and its advantages are totally different. When utilizing MCT Oil, high-quality C8, C10 MCT oil is the one technique to go. Even be cautious of any firms that promote MCT oil with added fillers, flavors or preservatives that cancel out its advantages.
For an excellent high-quality MCT oil that’s chemical free and filler free, we advise utilizing Flora Health Organic MCT Oil.
A tremendous supply of ketone boosting, helpful C8 and C10 MCTs, every tablespoon serving offers:
- 14 g complete of medium-chain triglycerides
- 7.5 g of caprylic acid
- 4.8 g of capric acid
- Constructed from 100% sustainably sourced non-GMO coconuts. Palm oil variations encourage deforestation and threaten wildlife.
- Licensed natural
- Made with none chemical substances or solvents like hexane
- Gluten-free + keto-friendly + vegan-friendly
MCT Oil Cooking Tip : The place coconut oil has a smoke level of 350 levels, the smoke level of MCT oil is even decrease at 320 levels. So cooking with it at temperatures above 320 may cause the oil to begin to degrade and lose its helpful properties.
➡ Purchase your Flora Health Organic MCT Oil —> here.
Cream Cheese: Use your favourite model, however be sure you soften it.
Almond Milk: This helps skinny the glaze and brings the MCT oil and cream cheese collectively. You might substitute heavy cream in the event you like.
Sweetener: We used powdered erythritol for this recipe. For those who don’t have powdered, merely pop some within the blender and course of it till fantastic.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla places this glaze excessive.
Elements You’ll want for the Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
Almond Flour: Low in carbs, almond flour is a scrumptious keto pleasant flour. You’ll want to use almond flour and never almond meal. High quality floor and blanched is greatest.
Coconut Flour: Coconut flour helps with the feel of this recipe.
Eggs: Be sure they’re delivered to room temp.
Pumpkin Puree: Don’t use the presweetened stuff or pumpkin pie filling. You need pure pumpkin puree.
Melted Butter: You’ll be able to sub coconut or avocado oil as nicely.
Sweetener: We used the brown Swerve, however white will do the trick too. Additionally any granulated, keto-friendly sweetener ought to work.
Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is greatest. That is added to each the glaze and the muffin batter.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: For those who don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you’ll be able to simply double the cinnamon on this recipe or combine up the spices under to make your personal.
Fast Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons floor ginger
- 1 teaspoon floor cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon floor nutmeg
Xanthan gum: This helps enhance the feel of gluten-free baked items. It’s comparatively cheap and nice to maintain readily available in the event you’re doing a whole lot of keto, paleo or gluten-free baking recipes. For those who don’t have it, simply omit it.
Baking soda and baking powder: The leaveners on this recipe. Attempt to use contemporary for greatest outcomes.
Apple Cider Vinegar: This can activate the baking soda. To not fear, the flavour doesn’t come via. For those who don’t have apple cider vinegar use white as a substitute.
Ideas and Methods For This Recipe
Double the Batch and Freeze: This recipe makes 12 common sized muffins. It might seem to be loads, however they freeze tremendous nicely and imagine me, they gained’t final lengthy. For those who don’t assume you’ll have the ability to eat all of them inside a couple of days, simply freeze what you need for as much as 3 months.
Measuring Your Flour: Due to the addition of coconut flour, the batter for these muffins can be fairly thick. Don’t fear, that’s regular! When measuring your dry elements, simply be sure you scoop them into the measuring cups after which degree.
Whip the Glaze Clean: The MCT glaze on these muffins is absolutely scrumptious and can harden because it dries. However if you’re mixing it up you could discover the feel can be clumpy when the MCT oil hits the cream cheese. With the addition of the almond milk (you could want extra to skinny) it is going to be tremendous clean, creamy and are available collectively fantastically. You might wish to alter the glaze for sweetness relying in your choice. Enable the muffins to chill utterly earlier than glazing.
Nut Free Model: For those who’re nut free, skip the pecans and check out chocolate chips as a substitute. These are nice as plain pumpkin spice muffins as nicely! Eliminating the nuts will change the macros barely after all.
GET THE RECIPE!
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
For those who’re in search of a scrumptious, keto-friendly and low-carb pumpkin spiced taste deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then attempt these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze! The MCT oil within the glaze will assist offer you a wholesome increase of vitality and hold you satiated between meals. Solely 4 internet carbs per serving!
- MUFFIN BATTER WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups tremendous fantastic almond flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- MUFFIN BATTER DRY INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 2/3 cup erythritol we used Brown Swerve, might sub white or sweetener of alternative
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice if omitting double cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum optionally available
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped plus extra for sprinkling on high
- MCT GLAZE INGREDIENTS
- 3 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Flora Health Organic MCT Oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk might sub cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Fill a muffin pan with 12 paper or foil muffin liners. For those who don’t have liners, merely grease the muffin pan nicely.
Whisk dry in elements in a medium bowl and put aside
Whisk collectively moist elements in one other bowl. Enable the batter to relaxation for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
Scoop or spoon the combination into the muffin liners. Fill every cup to the highest.
Bake the muffins for about 22-25 minutes or till a toothpick positioned within the heart comes out clear. Whereas the muffins are baking, put together the glaze.
Take away the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool utterly. Drizzle every muffin with glaze and a little bit crushed pecans earlier than serving.
Making the glaze: Whip the cream cheese after which add the opposite elements to mix. The cream cheese might get clumpy when it makes contact with the MCT oil however the almond milk will clean it out. If it’s too thick, add extra almond milk a teaspoon at a time till you attain a consistency you want. Alter sweetness to style.
Take pleasure in!
MCT Cream Cheese Glaze Vitamin Information * |
Serving Measurement: 2 tsp Energy: 59 Complete Fats: 6.8g (9%) Saturated Fats: 5.6g (28%) Ldl cholesterol: 10mg (3%) Sodium: 28mg (1%)
Complete Carbohydrates: 0.3g (0%) Dietary Fiber: 0g Complete Sugars: 0.1g Protein: 0.7g Calcium: 8mg (1%)
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffin Vitamin Information *
Serving Measurement: 1 muffin Energy: 242 Complete Fats: 21.7g (28%)
Saturated Fats: 6.7g (33%) Ldl cholesterol: 75mg (25%) Sodium: 134mg 6% Complete Carbohydrate: 8.2g (3%) Dietary Fiber: 4.2g (15%) Complete Sugars: 1.5g Protein: 6.6g
*NOTE: Vitamin info are estimations and for informational functions solely.
Recipe Ideas and Methods
➡ Immune Boosting Beet-Turmeric Refresher
➡ Ginger Turmeric Immune Photographs
➡ Wholesome Banana Cream Protein Shake
➡ Beet Pineapple Granita with Mānuka Honey