Changing into the First Filipino to Journey the World at Age 77

0 43

How a 77 yr outdated grew to become the primary Filipino to journey the world?

On the age of 77, Odette Aquitania Ricasa grew to become the primary Filipino to have the ability to journey to all 195 nations on the planet, 193 of that are acknowledged by the United Nations, whereas the opposite 2 are non-members: the Holy sea and the State of Palestine.

Earlier than the pandemic began in 2020, she was solely 5 nations wanting attaining her aim. These nations are Sudan, Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Ms. Ricasa when she arrived in Iraq. Picture from her Fb account.

Lastly, on the twenty fifth of August 2022, after being held for 2 years due to the pandemic, Ms. Ricasa completed the aim of many vacationers – to journey to each nation on the planet! She arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, on Thursday, making it the final nation on her listing.

General, she has been to 301 nations and territories, together with islands! Even these islands that aren’t recognized by many, together with Robinson Crusoe islands, Lakshadweep islands, Andaman Nicobar islands, and extra!

Different articles you’ll be able to learn:

How It All Began

Ms. Ricasa relies in Los Angeles, California and she or he began the journey of touring the world within the yr 1980. She shared that some nations, together with Russia, had very strict guidelines relating to tourism throughout these occasions. Nonetheless, that didn’t cease her from exploring increasingly more nations.

Memorable Journey Experiences

Ms. Ricasa has two passports – the Philippines and the US. She primarily makes use of her US Passport, however she talked about that in some instances, utilizing her Philippines passport is good.

One among these instances goes to Africa. Each US and Philippines passport holders want a visa in an effort to journey to this continent, however utilizing her US passport requires extra paperwork than utilizing her Philippine passport.

When requested what had been a few of her unforgettable experiences in her greater than 40 years of touring, she mentioned there have been so much, however her go to to Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo, each African nations, are unforgettable. The mentioned nations are usually not widespread locations for vacationers, and through her go to, she was alone. However because the saying goes, ‘You could do the factor which you suppose you can’t do.’ And he or she did; she conquered Africa and the remainder of the world!

She additionally talked about that after they arrived in Libya simply this yr, they felt like they had been VIPs as there was quite a lot of safety escorting them. However this sort of distinctive expertise is what motivates her to journey extra.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77

In her 4 many years of touring, 80% of these is her touring alone, whereas the remainder 20% is a gaggle tour (which she joined when she was only a newbie within the journey world)—speaking about bravery, ardour, and enthusiasm!

Extra Achievements

Ms. Ricasa is certainly journey skilled as she can also be a member of the Travelers’ Century Club, A membership that solely permits these individuals who have been to 100 or extra nations!

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77
Philippine World Explorers Meet Up in Kaiserslautern, Germany.

Furthermore, she’s additionally an lively member of the Philippine World Explorers journey group, and she or he heads the US West Coast chapter, doing this whereas touring.

Other than being a traveler and the primary Filipino to journey the world, she can also be an creator of 6 books, an artist, a motivational speaker, and a pianist.

She talked about that having her ebook was truly not her thought. It was early 2000, and she or he was in Spain writing her journey experiences in her journal – “With all of the nations and cities I’ve been to, it’s not possible for me to recollect them, that’s why I write them in my journal.”, non-verbatim assertion of Ms. Ricasa.

Her good friend, who was together with her at the moment, advised her, “Why don’t you write a ebook as a substitute?” That assertion gave her the thought to jot down a journey ebook and share her experiences on the street. Her books are all out there on Amazon.

Becoming the First Filipino to Travel the World at Age 77

Ms. Odette Aquitania Ricasa’s journey expertise is among the inspiration of many vacationers, not solely Filipinos, however foreigners as nicely.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.