Right here’s our most up-to-date PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE BLOG that you should utilize to plan your journey. It features a pattern Puerto Princesa itinerary for 3 days 2 nights, and journey tips about the place to remain, how a lot funds to spend, and issues to do.
Ever heard of kambak-kambak syndrome?
Previous to our final Puerto Princesa journey, I’d by no means encountered this time period earlier than. You understand how you are inclined to return to a vacation spot again and again? It appears to occur so much in Palawan, and so the locals gave it a reputation — kambak-kambak — a tongue-in-cheek spin to “come again, come again”. On condition that our workforce have set foot in Puerto Princesa a number of instances over the previous decade, if it have been an actual situation, we in all probability had caught it, too!
Whether or not it’s your first time otherwise you’re a kambak-kambak traveler, we’ve put collectively this Puerto Princesa journey information that can assist you plan a hassle-free journey!
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
The capital of the province of Palawan, Puerto Princesa is a first-class, extremely urbanized metropolis. However regardless of the fast improvement over time, it retains its rustic and partly suburban vibe; due to the traces of timber and the luxurious greenery that cowl the realm. No marvel it’s typically dubbed “The Metropolis within the Forest” and has been acknowledged as one of many cleanest and greenest cities within the nation.
Strategically situated in the course of Palawan, it serves as the first gateway to the primary island. Though it could actually take hours, you could possibly entry as much as El Nido within the northernmost tip or Bataraza within the south, which serves because the leap off level to the legendary Balabac Islands. Town correct faces Sulu Sea to the southeast, however its territory reaches till the West Philippine Sea to the northwest. Puerto Princesa can be the second largest metropolis within the Philippines, subsequent solely to Davao.
Dubbed because the Eco-Tourism Middle of the Philippines, Puerto Princesa is understood for its organized and synchronized tourism business. Numerous sectors like tour guides, boat operators, and tricycle drivers work collectively. The excursions are regulated and monitored by the Tourism Workplace, therefore standardized excursions are supplied to vacationers. The most well-liked is a tour of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site and voted as one of many New7Wonders of Nature in 2012.
Listed below are some important data that you just may discover helpful to know earlier than going to Puerto Princesa.
Puerto Princesa is open to all vacationers no matter their vaccination standing. We didn’t expertise any doc inspection upon arrival within the metropolis. However airline employees do ask to see the next upon checkin:
- Legitimate ID
- Vaccination card or VaxCertPH (for absolutely vaccinated vacationers)
Nevertheless, when you’re coming from a spot below Alert Degree 2 or greater, a detrimental antigen check outcome legitimate inside someday previous to departure is required.
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport (PPS) serves as the primary gateway to town and different municipalities in Palawan. Most home airways — Philippine Airways, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia — have flights to and from Puerto Princesa, so searching for one wouldn’t be an issue.
Puerto Princesa Airport to Metropolis Middle
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport is situated throughout the metropolis heart. From right here, going to areas throughout the metropolis correct would take solely couple of minutes.
Essentially the most handy mode of transportation from the airport is the tricycle. Tricycles might be discovered parked exterior the airport, ready for passengers. You’ll should stroll a bit to the gate and exit the airport to journey one.
Listed below are the fares from the airport to completely different components of town. Tricycles can accommodate as much as 3 individuals.
- Inside the metropolis heart: P150
- To San Jose Terminal: P200
- To Honda Bay: P500
Should you’re booked with an upscale resort or resort, double verify with the administration first and see if they provide free airport transfers.
Plenty of lodging are located throughout the metropolis heart, not too removed from the airport. Beachfront inns or resorts are normally situated a bit farther. Staying within the metropolis correct is right if you wish to see extra of town and have easy accessibility to its many eating places and outlets.
High Price range Accommodations & Guesthouses in Puerto Princesa
Listed below are a number of the top-ranking however inexpensive properties on Agoda with over 100 critiques:
Standard Puerto Princesa Resorts
If in case you have a much bigger funds, listed below are a number of the most well-known properties within the metropolis.
Most of the sights in Puerto Princesa might be visited as a part of a tour. Though it’s doable to tug a DIY to avoid wasting on the prices, reserving a packaged tour will make it extra handy and hassle-free. While you avail of 1, you’ll even have a skilled tour information who may give you extra data and insights about every spot, permitting you to understand it extra.
On this part, we’ll share with you the perfect sights and actions in Puerto Princesa, grouped in line with the excursions that they’re normally part of. We’ll embrace prices for each packaged and DIY excursions.
Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour
Town’s most well-known vacationer spot, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site, a Ramsar Wetland Web site, and one of many New 7 Wonders of Nature.
On a paddle boat, you’ll be led by a information on a journey into the cave that shelters the underground river. The tour covers solely the primary 1.5 kilometers, however the river measures 8.2 kilometers lengthy in full. Some components are open solely to scientists and different permitted explorers.
Contained in the cave, you will note beautiful stalactites, stalagmites and the assorted formations that took form for over hundreds of years. You’ll additionally be taught extra concerning the cave system by the offered audio information.
If in case you have restricted time or funds and will solely avail of 1 packaged tour, this needs to be it. The PPUR administration solely permits a restricted variety of vacationers per day. Due to this, walk-ins are usually not allowed and superior reservation is required. Should you guide a tour with a journey company or tour operator, they may deal with the paperwork for you. You’ll additionally keep away from the difficulty of arranging transportation to Sabang Seaside which is the jump-off level, round one and a half hours away.
Packaged excursions normally embrace:
- roundtrip land switch to Sabang Seaside
- roundtrip boat switch to the underground river
- audio information
You may additionally avail this tour by way of Klook for P1900. However in case you have extra time and larger funds, take into account doing a 3-in-1 Sabang Tour. At P3550, it consists of the next:
- Underground River Tour
- Sabang X Zipline
- Mangrove Paddle Tour
Examine up to date charges or guide under:
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER TOUR HERE!
✅ BOOK UNDERGROUND RIVER + SABANG ZIPLINE + MANGROVE PADDLE TOUR!
Honda Bay Tour
Honda Bay Tour is an island hopping exercise that may take you to at the very least three islands not too far-off from town. As of this writing, solely 3 islands are open for island hopping excursions: Starfish Island, Luli Island, and Cowrie Island.
Should you’re touring with a big group, pulling a DIY will help you save. Should you’re touring solo, with a small group otherwise you merely need the comfort of availing a packaged tour, journey businesses and inns normally supply this tour for P1500 per particular person.
Should you plan to journey independently, listed below are the charges for personal boats. You’ll see two costs as a result of you may have two boat choices: 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder boats.
- 3 Islands (Starfish, Luli & Cowrie): P1800 to P2100
- 2 Islands (Luli & Cowrie solely): P1500 to P1800
You may additionally choose to skip the island hopping in case you have a selected island you need to go to.
There’s additionally an environmental charge that it’s important to pay on the wharf. Listed below are the charges:
- Environmental charge: P150
- Terminal charge: P5
- Goggles & snorkel rental: P150
- Full face masks rental: P200
- Aqua footwear rental: P150
- Fins rental: P150
Every island additionally has a separate entrance charge and cottage rental charges as effectively. Listed below are the doorway charges per island.
- Cowrie Island: P100
- Luli Island: P70
- Starfish Island: P50
If you wish to keep away from the trouble of paying these charges by yourself, you may simply guide a packaged tour. Honda Bay Excursions are inclusive of land and boat transfers, entrance and cottages charges, and lunch. You may additionally avail this tour by way of Klook!
Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour
This half-day tour might be accomplished both within the morning or afternoon. Tour operators normally supply this tour for P600 per particular person, however you may also constitution a tricycle for P1000 per car, which might accommodate as much as 3 individuals.
Town tour normally consists of the next stops:
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Middle. First referred to as Crocodile Farming Institute, it retains and breeds two species of crocodiles: the Philippine crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis) and the saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus). Rescued animals are additionally housed on this facility, particularly these which can be endemic to the province.
- Plaza Cuartel. A historic sq., Plaza Cuartel was an previous garrison the place the Palawan Bloodbath happened in December 1944. 100 fifty American prisoners of battle have been saved in a tunnel throughout World Warfare II till they have been killed by the Japanese by burning them alive. Eleven prisoners have been capable of escape and survive. Their names are actually displayed on a plaque contained in the plaza.
- Binuatan Creations. A present store the place you should purchase handloom woven merchandise produced from Palawan’s native grasses and fibers. Apart from purchasing, you may also see how the merchandise are made of their workshop and even attempt weaving your self!
- Mitra’s Ranch. This property sitting on prime of a hill in Brgy. Sta. Monica is owned by the late Senator Ramon Mitra and his household. It’s open to the general public and serves as a viewpoint.
- Baker’s Hill. Standard for his or her hopia and different pastries, that is the same old pasalubong cease! It’s additionally a park with many picture-worthy corners and has an in-house restaurant if you wish to seize a chew.
If you wish to have a extra comfy tour in an air-conditioned van, you may avail this tour on Klook.
Firefly Watching Tour
Spend a magical night time and watch fireflies and the celebrities whereas on board a small boat. There are three areas for firefly watching in Puerto Princesa:
- Iwahig. The primary firefly watching location in Puerto Princesa. As of writing, that is closed and firefly watching excursions listed below are unavailable.
- Sicsican River. The tour commences on the Baywalk, the place you’ll hop on a ship that may take you to Sicsican River. A dinner on the boat can be included on this tour.
- Nagsaguipi River. Bask in a buffet dinner earlier than you feast your eyes with the glowing fireflies!
Tour operators supply this tour between P1300- P1600 per particular person. Firefly watching tour in Nagsaguipi River can be obtainable on Klook.
Lower than an hour away from town correct, Nagtabon Seaside was once a spot for individuals who need to keep away from the group. Now, plenty of lodging institutions stand alongside the seaside, however the place stays simply as breathtaking. It is a good place to go to when you’re trying to spend extra time on the seaside with out having to journey too far-off from town.
Make your approach to San Jose terminal and hop on a bus going north. Any bus certain for Taytay, Roxas, or El Nido will do. Inform the driving force to drop you off in Bacungan (P80) then journey a tricycle going to Nagtabon Seaside (P300, max 3 pax).
Should you’re a gaggle, you may lease a van to take you straight to Nagtabon. Should you can drive two wheels, renting a bike can be an choice if there are two of you otherwise you’re touring solo.
Nagtabon Seaside may also be included in your Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour itinerary for an extra charge. Simply ask your driver if he’s OK with it.
Thrill-seekers will love this attraction. This 800-meter lengthy zipline is claimed to be one of many longest ziplines within the Philippines. You’ll be able to get pleasure from this solo or by pair as you glide throughout Sabang Seaside. The journey would additionally deal with you to a implausible view of Sabang from above. It takes a brief 15-minute hike to succeed in the zipline’s start line.
That is normally packaged with Underground River since Sabang additionally serves because the jump-off level to it. You are able to do this previous to the underground river cease if there’s a protracted ready time or after it simply earlier than you may have lunch. Sabang X-Zipline prices P550.
You may additionally avail this by way of Klook for a reduced value.
Different Puerto Princesa Sights
- Ugong Rock Adventures. An journey park situated in Barangay Tagabinet the place you may go trekking, rappeling, and spelunking. A 71-meter zipline can be one of many options, making your journey extra unforgettable. Book here! ✅
- Palawan Waterpark by Astoria. That is the one waterpark in Palawan. Should you’re searching for an exercise that children and youngsters at coronary heart alike would get pleasure from, add this to your itinerary. Every ticket is inclusive of a lunch buffet. Price: Adults, P1200; Children (4ft and under), P950; Children (2 years previous and under), FREE
- Tibag Falls. About 40 minutes away from town heart, Tibag Falls is situated in Bacungan. To get right here, board a bus going north at San Jose Terminal. Ask the driving force to drop you off close to Bacungan Bridge. From there, it might take a 2-hour stroll to succeed in this superb falls.
To see extra locations to go to, take a look at: PUERTO PRINCESA TOURIST SPOTS!
Discovering a spot to eat in Puerto Princesa is not going to be an issue. Town heart is teeming with a various assortment of meals spots. If you wish to attempt the Puerto Princesa classics, just a few of them are situated alongside Rizal Avenue.
Should you’re on a funds, you may at all times depend on carinderias (small eateries) the place a P100-budget can get you a full meal.
Listed below are a number of the most well-known eating places in Puerto Princesa:
Arguably the preferred eating spot in Puerto Princesa, this homey restaurant makes a speciality of Pinoy seafood dishes like seafood kare-kare, grilled fish, and shrimp or tuna sinigang. Their menu consists principally of seafood and greens dishes. In addition they have a particular set meal that’s good for 2 for less than P795. Should you’re planning to dine right here, be certain to name the restaurant and make a reservation.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Lunch, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinner; Sunda, CLOSED
Contact quantity: (048) 726 6217
Kinabuch’s is an open-air grill and bar the place you may get pleasure from some drinks along with your meal. Their menu has all kinds of Pinoy dishes from appetizers to dessert. It’s additionally a go-to place for individuals who need to attempt Puerto Princesa’s unique dish, tamilok. It’s normally served uncooked with a aspect of spiced vinegar.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Day by day, 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cacaoyan Forest Park
Cacaoyan Forest Park is a buffet restaurant set in a lush backyard bursting with IG-worthy spots. It serves as a lunch cease on many Underground River excursions supplied by journey businesses. However if you wish to expertise this by itself, finest to make advance reservations.
The lunch buffet is priced at P350/particular person, however you will get a reduction when you guide with Klook.
Location: Sabang, Puerto Princesa
Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You can even order tamilok right here for P100 per plate.
Different Puerto Princesa Eating places
- Badjao Seafront Restaurant. If you wish to dine by the bay and feast on recent seafood, that is the place to be. It stands subsequent to mangroves and has a view of the sundown which provides to its allure. Worth begins at P125 as much as P550. Their seafood platter prices P1,150.
– Location: Abueg St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant. A budget-friendly restaurant serving low-cost to mid-range Pinoy dishes. Their worth meals prices lower than P200. Should you’re with a gaggle, in addition they have group meals you can avail.
– Deal with: Manalo St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 10:00 AM to eight:00 PM
- Ka Joel’s Restaurant. One other dependable identify within the metropolis’s meals scene, Ka Joel’s serves Filipino delicacies. Its bestsellers embrace rooster inasal and beef kare kare.
– Location: Purok Centro, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Day by day, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM- Lunch, 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM- Dinner
For loaded vacationers, huge inns have their in-house eating places that spotlight their tackle Filipino delicacies.
- Hue Lodge homes Matiz Restaurant and Tapas Bar, which boasts a principally Spanish menu.
- Princesa Backyard Island Resort and Spa has a eating advanced that includes 4 eating places together with the Golden Elephant Seafood Village, which makes a speciality of Thai meals.
Right here’s a pattern 3-day 2-night Puerto Princesa itinerary with breakdown of bills. Be aware that this itinerary assumes the next:
- You’re a celebration of two, splitting a number of the prices.
- The lodging you’ll guide prices P1500 per night time. Should you break up it between 2 individuals, that may be P750 per night time per particular person.
- You’ll guide many of the excursions by way of Klook.
However as at all times, be at liberty to make changes primarily based in your schedule and preferences.
- DAY 1: CITY TOUR
08:20 AM – Arrival in Puerto Princesa
09:00 AM – Tricycle to resort, P75 (P150/2pax)
09:20 AM – Lodge check-in
11:00 AM – Early lunch
12:30 PM – Metropolis Tour (Tricycle), P500 (P1000/2pax)
– Crocodile Park: P70
– Butterfly Backyard: P60
– Mitra’s Ranch: P20
04:00 PM – Lodge, clean up
06:00 PM – Dinner at Ka Lui, P500
09:30 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 2: UNDERGROUND RIVER
06:00 AM – Get up name
07:00 AM – Underground River Tour, P1900, Book here! ✅
04:00 PM – Again to resort, Relaxation
07:00 PM – Dinner at Kinabuch’s, P500
10:00 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 3: HONDA BAY TOUR
6:00 am – Get up, early check-out, go away baggage
7:00 am – Honday Bay Tour, P1640, Book here! ✅
2:00 pm – Again to resort, choose up baggage
3:00 pm – Tricycle to airport, P75 (P150/2pax)
5:30 pm – Flight again to Manila
This itinerary would value you round PhP 5700 (USD 103, EUR 96, SGD 139), excluding airfare and resort however together with a little bit of allowance for incidental bills.
Should you’re capable of guide a room for P1400/night time or P700/night time/particular person, put together to shell out a complete of PhP 7,100 (USD 128, EUR 120, SGD 172) excluding airfare however together with some allowance.
You’ll be able to carry the fee even decrease when you’re a much bigger group and by doing the Honda Bay Tour by yourself (DIY-style).
- Tricycle fare for brief distances is round P15-25. Fares to and for the airport normally value greater than the common fares.
- Stroll when you may. The streets of Puerto Princesa are punctuated with timber so it doesn’t get as scorching as different extremely urbanized cities.
- Convey your personal reusable water bottle, so that you don’t must preserve shopping for bottled water. Doing this may make it easier to lower your expenses and cut back plastic waste on the identical time. You’ll be able to simply refill your water bottle at your resort or at your lunch/dinner stops.
- Convey insect repellent lotion. Shield your self from mosquitoes by making use of insect repellent lotion particularly whenever you go trekking or island hopping.
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Keep away from utilizing sunscreen that accommodates substances that would hurt the coral reef like oxybenzone and parabens.
When is the perfect time to go to Puerto Princesa?
January to April, the driest interval. However take into account that these are additionally the busiest months, peaking in March and April, that are thought of “summer time” months within the Philippines.
If you wish to keep away from the group, schedule a visit round January to February when the climate will not be too scorching and never that wet both. But, it’s also essential to notice that Palawan is in between two main seas, the West Philippine Sea and the Sulu Sea. Its location extremely impacts its climate system, which is completely different from the remainder of the nation. Even in the course of the dry season, it may very well be fairly damp and rain is predicted within the afternoons. In actual fact, our workforce have visited in April as soon as and it nonetheless poured on a few days. And even in our different visits in different months, it might typically rain within the afternoon.
Puerto Princesa is a year-round vacation spot. Whereas town took a beating from Hurricane Odette just a few years in the past, this isn’t a traditional incidence. Palawan is situated within the western excessive of the nation, remoted from most different fundamental islands. It’s not alongside the same old hurricane route.
What’s the energy plug/socket utilized in Puerto Princesa?
Electrical energy Data: 220V, 60Hz. Socket Kind A, principally.